Radar Detector Opinions?

I currently have a Bel unit installed in my car, with console mounted switch
and alert lights. The detector itself is behind the kidney grille, so there
are no visible components of the system. (I don't think there's a rear module,
but it gives pretty damn good 360 protection for an older model). Anyway, it
has not failed me as of yet, but who knows what I'm missing with an older
detector. If I were to replace it, my first choice would be a K40, as it would
have a concealed installment similar to my current system (friends have told
me that this is very handy in roadside interviews; cops get cocky when they
pull somebody over with suction cups on their windshield) Does anybody know
anything about this unit? How does it compare to a V1? It's my understanding
that a V1 is the best, but that might be subjective. Is there anyway to mount
a V1 in the same concealed manner as my Bel or the K40? If so, Mr. Valentine
could have himself another sale...

Thanks for any input!!

Matt
92 325is Sharked

PS-nobody responded to one of my previous questions, so I thought I'd risk it
again: Are the wider 328 kidney grilles interchangeable with the smaller 325
ones? TIA!!