Recovering Leather Late 80's Sport Seats

Does anyone have experience with re-upholstering the leather covered sport
seats that were installed in the late 80's iS's & M cars? Mine are badly
cracked but otherwise functionally fine. I've checked with the dealer and they
want a (surprise) pretty penny for the kit (as i recall ~800 bucks a
seat)...steep for a car that is realistically worth maybe $9k... My interior
is perfect if it were not for those seats...and sheepskins are so 70's...

I was thinking that if both front seats were redone at once a slight color
texture mis-match wouldn't be so noticeable. Anyonne know of a good SF Bay
Area shop?

Steve H
89 325iS