<E36>Help - 95 M3 won't start

Apparently, I screwed something up on my 95 M3 when I was putting
in a concealed display for a V1, but I'm not sure what.

I have power but it won't crank.  With the key on, check engine,
battery, and oil lights stay lit.  Defrost, AC, and recirc lights
also are all lit and won't turn off via their switches.  "Bonger"
for lights/open door not working.  No lights on the OBC not even
the clock (keys do glow with lights on).  Unpluged/repluged the
OBC - no effect.  All fuses are good.  Battery seems to have good
power (lights bright at least).

Here's what I'd done.  Pulled out, but did not unplug the stereo
head unit and OBC.  Unscrewed and loosened but did not completely
remove the lower underdash panel under the steering column.  Ran
the V1 power cable (phone line) up to the sunroof access panel
along the driver's side pillar and across the top of the
winshield under the edge of the headliner.  Pulled the overhead
light and sunroof motor access panel to route the wire
(replaced).  Nothing else connected or unplugged.  No new
electrical connections - didn't even get to the point of starting
to wire anything since something came up and I had to stop.  Left
car and returned to find it as above.

Can't think of anything that I did that would have affected
things like this unless I inadvertantly knocked something loose.
Drove it 5 minutes before routing cable (with everything else
loose) with no problems.  Might have leaned on the accellerator
pedal when I was under the dash.  Made the radio beep a few times
when I bumped it and had to turn the key on.  Might have hit one
of the buttons on the OBC when it was loose, but don't think so
(and can't see how this would affect anything).

Any ideas?

TIA,
Mike A.