Re: bmw-digest V9 #684

>Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 18:33:28 -0500
>From: "Scott Buchanan" <87535is@domain.elided>
>Subject: Update:  Driveline shudder I caused
>
>Since that first post, I've disconnected and re-connected the
driveshaft
>from the output flange twice, each time with a 120 degree turn of the
>flange, only to find out after reassembly that I still have the
shudder.
>I'm at a loss.  I mean, all I did was put a new guibo in for cryin' out
>loud.  I think I may have to take the car to an independent next week
to get
>this thing ironed out.  After this fiasco, I'm inclined to have the
same guy
>put my new subframe bushings, "dogbones", and diff mount in too.  I've
done
>a lot of service on my car myself, but this thing has gotten me pretty
>frustrated.  Though I'm not sure I'm willing to put much more time into
this
>particular project, any suggestions you may have will be graciously
>appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Scott Buchanan

Does the car have a vibration dampner over the Guibo ?

If so, remove it.  If it is the type with studs, install 3 new 10.9
grade bolts in it's place with locking nuts.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you