<E36>RE:Sachs Suspension Kit

Greetings:

   Received several emails regarding the Sachs Suspension post I made
earlier.  What's interesting, is that the general consensus seems to
be that "shocks and springs work together, so they should be viewed as
a team, paired together".  Sounds like good advice, particularly for
BMW's, whose forte' is handling.

  What's even more interesting is that not a single person on the
digest appears to have any experience with the Sachs Sporting
Suspension Kit, even though it's the only kit I'm aware of where a
reputable manufacturer actually makes and sells a spring and
shock/strut kit as one, with all parts made by the same manufacturer.
(exceptions being BMW M3 and Sport Kit suspension pieces, which are
made by Sachs/Boge!  Another exception is the expensive coilover
suspension setups.  If there are other exceptions, please correct me.)

  Thanx to John Firestone and Hans over in Europe for pointing out the
Auto Bild magazine website (www.autobild.de).  Hint: If you dont speak
German, dont even click. :-)

Ron Browne
1992 318is