Re: DuraLube and ProLong snake oil link

     Here's a link if you don't want to read my loooong post :)

     http://www.vtr.org/maintain/oil-additives.html

     -robb

Subject: DuraLube and ProLong
Author:  dstevenson <dstevenson@domain.elided> at Internet_TCO
Date:    12/10/98 1:54 PM

Prolong?? Isn't that the stuff they sell in the vending machines in mens
rooms? I think this gets used on other spots rather than BMW crank cases. I
Guess the object is the same I.E. longevity.

I don't need this but it might be of some interest to Bubba Duanne and maybe
the LandShark......

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter

1988 325IS, (to much to list), should have stayed the street car.

1987 325IS, project, should have been the track car (case of ProLong in
Trunk)

>Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 05:50:30 EST
>From: MrReeLiZm@domain.elided
>Subject: DuraLube and ProLong

>Okay, we've all seen these comercials on TV that show engines running
without
>oil, covered with liquid Nitrogen, sand in the head, etc etc etc.  Each
time
>the engines come out running perfectly fine with just a simple dose of the
>additives.  Do these products REALLY work? Any chemists out there care to
>enlighten us?? I'd like to run similar tests myself but I don't feel like
using my engine as a guinea pig.