E28 Carrier Bearing

The driveshaft on my 535is felt as though it was about to come through
the floor board.  I replaced the carrier bearing Tuesday morning and
all was well.  By Wednesday evening, I was experiencing the same loud
knocking on the floor boards as before.  Upon inspection, the bearing
is gone, again, and the rubber housing is torn!

The passenger side motor mount is split, but the transmission mount is
solid.  I've scheduled an appointment to have the driveshaft
checked/balanced on Monday - could that be the problem?  What else
could be causing my car to spit out the carrier bearing so quickly?

I'm on assignment in Terre Haute, IN, so please respond to
dgearring@domain.elided
(dgearring@domain.elided)

David S. Gearring
1987 535is (w/fake M badge from previous owner)