Re: DuraLube and ProLong

Barry writes:  Do these products REALLY work? Any chemists out there care
enlighten us?? I'd like to run similar tests myself but I don't feel like
using my engine as a guinea pig.

Consumer reports had a very informative article about oils and oil
additives several months ago.   If memory serves me correctly, they said
that additives are a bunch of useless crap.   That's always been my
feeling.   These oil companies know what they are doing and produce some
excellent oil that does everything we need.  If these products (additives)
were any good AT ALL then BMW and GM and FORD and all of the other
manufacturers would use them, don't you think?

BTW I thought I saw ProLong advertised in Penthouse.   I guess it's one of
those 1000 + 1 use products, eh?