<E46> Side-Mount CD Changer Alternative

Everybody,

When I first saw what BMW intended for the standard installation of the CD
Changer in my new E46 328i, I was appalled that they actually thought I
would accept this huge thing sticking down from the parcel shelf of my new
$40,000 car.  Fortunately, Stephen Wolff (FLBEARCUB@domain.elided) had many
similar complaints from both the customers and salespeople at his dealership
and had investigated some alternatives.  It turns out that the Navigation
System is installed on the left side of the trunk (behind a different carpet
panel) and that the CD Changer can also be mounted here.  Sooooo, Stephen
order the parts, and tested the theory using a car at their dealership.

Once Stephen confirmed that it should work, he sent me the parts and I took
pictures and compiled detailed instructions on the installation.  Dale
Beuning as been gracious enough to place the completed instructions and
pictures on his web site at the following address:

http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/e46/stereo/e46_cd_changer_installation.html

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or Stephen.

Regards,
Dave

BTW,  For those that don't know, Stephen sells the parts at 25% of
retail+S&H and is an all-around great (and helpful) guy!