Re: <E30> 1989 325iX radio control questions

Mark Johnson asks about his radio on his 89 E30 ix:

>1)  How do I set the pre-progammed buttons.  I like a couple of the ones
>already programmed, but I want to change the rest, and I can't figure it
out.  My 4 year >old daughter knows how, but she can't (or won't) show me how.

Just tune to the desired frequency, hold the button down until the
frequency begins flashing, then press it again to select it. (Maybe your
daughter has more patience than you do? <g>  )

>2)  What are all of the functions of the joy stick?  I know the
Rewind/Fast Forward >function for the tape deck, and I know that the tuner
works with this also.  But what is >the vertical motion for?  The faceplate
has arrows up and down and the letters SE next >to the joy stick.

SE stands for seek. The radio will go into seek mode and find the next
station, rather than manually tuning up (or down) to the next station by
moving the joystick laterally.

When you are playing a tape, it operates similarly to find the next song.

In addition, the radio joystick has additional functions when controlling
the optional trunk mounted 12 disc CD player, but if you do not have this,
it does not matter.

You may also want to try pushing in the on/off-volume knob.  This will put
the radio in scan mode.  It will find the next station, play it for 7
seconds, then move on the following station.  If you find one you like,
just push the knob a second time to take the radio out of scan mode.

BTW, the brand is Alps, made by Alpine specifically for BMW.

Hope this helps,

Keith

Keith Wollenberg
BMWCCA, V.P. Golden Gate  ( # 73293)  *As should be obvious,*
BMWACA Seattle  (Since 1972)      *all opinions expressed*
                                                   *are solely my own.*
'88 ///M5 (MFREUDE)       '72 tii Touring (TOURING)
'95 M3 (M-Tschuss) [Kelly's car, which I get to drive sometimes.<g>]
****When You Get Your January Roundel, Please Take the Time to Vote****