Re: good deal on E46

<< From: ernie van nalts <ernievn@domain.elided>
 Subject: Re: 99 E46 Good Deal?

 Marlon C. wrote:

 > I just need some opinion to owners of E46. My friend just bought a 328i
 > w/Sport Package and CD Changer. He paid $42k out the door. Is this a
 > good deal?
 >
 > Marlon C. >>

~~~~~  That depends. If you go to    www.edmunds.com , you can "build" a BMW
323 or 328 at INVOICE (adding transpotation and your desired optional
equipment), then add what you "deem" as a fair profit (dealers aren't usually
going to take less than a $2K profit on a new model) to come up with your
final figure. Personally, I ORDERED my 323, so my dealer didn't have to deal
with bank "flooring" interest charges, I picked it up as it came in, thus I
paid $1700 over INVOICE.

I don't try to comment on someone elses "deal" because typically you never
QUITE get all the FACTS accurately. Often a trade-in is involved but nobody
TALKS about it , as well as other "hidden" factors.

I personally got a 323. I suggest everyone read the new Roundel on page 8/9 on
the report of 323ia vs. 328. They actually liked the engine, handling and
overall feel BETTER on the 323, and that was only with the stock high profile
15" tires and wheels, not the 16" alloys and low profile 16" tires that came
as part of "Premium Package # 928" that I ordered as optional for my car. A
LOT OF PEOPLE don't know about the 928 Premium Package on the 323, and get the
cheaper Premium Package that does NOT have the 16" alloy wheels & tires. BTW,
the alloys on the 928 package, IMO, are MUCH better looking than that of the
stock 328's "spoke" design.

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMW CCA member