<E30> Bentley manual and valve cover nuts

Hi,

More about torquing the valve cover nuts and breaking things: Two people
have written to me that they've broken studs or stripped threads as well.
11 ft. lbs. as stated in the Bentley manual must be too much. The 7 to 8
ft. lbs. or 9 to 11 Nm mentioned for M6 bolts in other places seems a lot
better.

It'd be nice if this were mentioned in FAQ lists, such as on the Unofficial
E30 Home Page and the E30 Network. Could save some more bolts.

Maybe we should consider a class-action lawsuit (heheheh)

Michiel