E36 No Start Condition

Hi Everybody,
It's been a few months, but I am back on the digest.  Hopefully I can take
more of a participants role rather than that of a spectator this time
around.  Still have my (Canadian) 1994 320i E36 and am really enjoying it,
well up until this morning that is.

 I had the dreaded no start condition.  I went to start the car first thing
this morning, the car turned over, but would not catch.  Very similar to
when you have the BMW security system kick in and won't allow you to start
the car for 20 minutes or so.  Car was parked in a locked garage.  Came home
later in the day (took the wifes car to work), the car still would not start
until about the sixth try, when it finally started and felt like it was
running on 5 of the 6 cylinders then smoothed out after a minute or so.  I
have done the majority of the inspection II requirements with the exception
of the fuel filter, spark plugs and manual tranny fluid, and those should be
done by the weekend if the weather stays warm (Toronto area).  My questions
are as follow;
Will any of the remaining maintenance items resolve this problem?
Is it one of the multitude of sensors    i.e. Crank position, Camshaft or
oxygen sensors?
Is it something I completely overlooked or don't even suspect?
Has any other three series owner ever experienced this?

Any help or possible leads would be appreciated.  I could not find reference
to this in the archieves so I thought I would ask live.  Thanks in advance,
and I apologize if this is a little long.

Jerry Surzycia
1994 320i

End of bmw-digest V9 #650