The Audi A4 is Front Wheel Drive - end of comparison!/Anyway to get rid of the 37 degree chime?

I just drove one down to Myrtle Beach from Washington DC and I can tell
you, it ain't all it's cracked up to be because it's a freakin front wheel
drive vehicle and just plain feels weird (in the non-quattro form).  I'm
used to driving rear wheel drive cars and it just doesn't feel stable on
the road in emergency maneuvers, nor as solid, as BMW's I have driven and
owned. The 2.8 model is a beautiful package though, with that rich leather
interior and wood all around, and it includes great features only available
on much more expensive cars, and it even has a sunvisor part that extends
sideways to block out the rays of the sun that sneak beyond normal
sunvisors (why couldn't I get this on my 740i!)!  (Don't laugh - did you
ever get sun in your face with the visor down when you can barely see?!? -
you don't have this problem in the Audi...they think of EVERYTHING).
Before I get too much furthur out there on a tangent, the A4 is great, but
it doesn't have that special solid, safe, feel of a rear wheel drive BMW.
Just my .04 cents.

BTW, is there ANY WAY to get rid of that stupid chime when the temp hits 37
degrees outside?  Sometimes the temperature hovers around 36 - 38 degrees
for hours and the chime goes off over and over...everytime it sinks below
37.

Steve
1995 740i
1988 911