Re: Bong...bong...bong

Well it's that time of year again where the OBC temperature bongs are
going off.  This is truely an annual thread when the winter hits the
country.   It's nice to see that many digesters know about this too.
Hats off to you for the IQ increase.

But is that the only thing that this temp sensor does?   NNNOOOOO!  It
also tells the side mirror heaters to operate and allows the door lock
heaters to activate if you hold the handle up for 20 - 30 seconds.   If
you've ever replaced the driver door lock you'd learn about the
potentially 'expensive' part in that area.   It may possibly run the
windshield washer fixture heaters too.  (I'll bow the the *wise one* to
can confirm or deny that)  And since Cherman engineers love sensors and
trinkets so much I'll bet you it has about 6 more things that it provides
information to.  It's called over-engineering.  You either love it or
hate it.
Me, I drive it!   YYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAA.

Curt Kiser
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter
85' 535i - Sharked
86' 325 - Wife's 4 door kid-mobile