<E34>: odo display dim -- replace bulbs?

This weekend my odometer display became "dim" (i.e. not orange, but a
faint brown).  Methinks this is just a burnt-out bulb.  According to
Bentley, there are a whole series of bulbs in the gauge panel, either 1.5W
or 3W. Is this in fact a burnt-out bulb?  Should I go ahead and replace
'em all while in there, or are new ones as likely to burn-out as
currently-functioning ones?

I'm planning on using the Brett A. extend-, pull-and- turn method to
extract the gauge cluster without removing the steering wheel/airbag.

Thanks for your time.

- -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided, '94 525i, '72 2002
 Keller, TX