Re: bmw-digest V9 #639

Heres a tip, if you want a four wheel drive wagon, go German and get the
Audi A4Q or A6Q, both come with optional fourwheel drive and are 200 hp.
If you wait I believe the '99 year models will have the biturbo engine
which should really make the car fast, probably up there like 220hp or
more, don't remember, or the S4Q, which I don't know if it will be in a
wagon, but is supposed to have much more power than the regular biturbo,
probably like 260hp or more..  Whatever the power might be, the quattro's
are great cars so I would really say to consider this instead of the
Volkswagon, one for the better styling of the car IMHO, a long history in
the refinement of the quattro system, I beleive there on the 4th generation
quattro system... and last, german build quality.. So go take a look, or
don't, but I recommend it.

>Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 17:03:14 -0600
>From: "George" <sdg2@domain.elided>
>Subject: help - buying a new car.  need advise.
>
>Hello digesters,
>
>I am looking for a '99 Volvo V70 AWD wagon for my wife.  she drove the "R"
>(248HP ///M-wagon wannabe) and the "regular" AWD (190HP).   She hates the XC
>(Cross Contry) looks.    I am getting a good deal on the "R" - $200 over
>invoice.  Once broken in, the 248 HP motor will propell the wagon fairly
>nicely.  AWD capability rocks in the rustbelt.
>
>Anyone here owns either of two Volvo models that can share some insights ?
>Please CC:sdg2@domain.elided when (R)eplying to the digest.
>
>TIA
>
>PS.  Mandatory BMW Content - my ///M3 feels more connected with the road
>than the '98  Volvo AWD-R 248HP wagon...  But you can fit more stuff in the
>Volvo :-)
>
>George
>'97 ///M3 sedan

Michael Gruby