Re: changing out 4.0 litre engine @ 97K/warranty

In a message dated 12/5/98 10:52:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< ate: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 09:12:07 -0500
 From: The Donahues <m3@domain.elided>
 Subject: Time for a new 4.0 engine

 My dealer has agreed to replace my 740i engine with 97K miles under the
 rough idle (sulfer) program. I will replace the belts and hoses
 naturally. Any thoughts out there about other things to do such as water
 pump, valves, rebuild trans etc. If you had this done to your car,
 please post something about how the dealer handled the deal and what
 expenses were yours to cover.

 Thanks,
 Mike Donahue
 NCC   93 740i  95M3 (Buttercup)
 m3@domain.elided >>

~~~ DEFINATELY ... MOTOR MOUNTS. These are hydraulic, went through this sh_t
on my MB S500. Dealer says they "settle". Uh-huh, try COLLAPSE. So at about
110k, your car starts feeling like the engine is in your lap,. Trust me, as
Nike says JUST DO IT.

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMW CCA member