re: which coolant

Sierra has propylene glycol, which is also apparently a lot less toxic then
ethylene glycol antifreeze. I like that. Ethylene glycol seems to be sweet
and animals like to lick it up and die. I also used Sierra, filled up my 87
325es (as well as in a friend's 1990 Civic).

It's more expensive then ethylene glycol antifreeze, such as I think
Prestone. Other then that, I imagine that most antifreezes are phosphate
free and will do a fine job at protecting your engine.

Michiel