Re: E36 M3 wacko fuel gauge

This came up a few months back either on the digest or on the BMW NG.  IIRC,
it affects E36's and maybe E34's and was caused by leaving the key in the
ignition while filling up (whole big discussion on why ignition electronics
connected to gas tank electronics).  The solution seemed to be that if you
turned the car off and on a few times, the gauge would go back to normal and
the problem wouldn't recur as long as you made sure to take the key out of
the ignition when getting gas.  HTH; I've never had this problem but I
always remember to take the key out before I get gas.
- --Lane Flynn
BMWCCA #158896
94 325is