<WOB> Model number designations

Scott Miller posted a healthy, long post about model numbers and their
relationship to engine sizes... I had two quick notes to add to that:

1) I believe the E23 745i actually has a 3.2 liter engine (a la
533/633/733), from which the 4.5 liter faux-engine size was derived due to
its turbocharged nature.  That is, some racing series at the time used a
1.4x factor to allow for turbocharged vs. normally aspirated engine
displacements.  That is, 3.2 liters x 1.4 = ~4.5 liters adjusted
displacement.

2) the x50i (7 and 8 series) has also had various displacements, 5.0 liters
initially, then 5.6 liters (372 happy horsepower in the 850csi), and now
5.4 liters.

Please do not slaughter me like a lamb if I have made a misstep.

Eric Ingraham
'89 325is