RE: M package on '99 E36

in digest v9 #624

Herman replied to Mike

<<>Having looked at the '99 brochure as well as the BMW web site and Carpoint
>it looks like the M aero package is not part of the Sport Package on either
>the 323 or the 328.  The M aero package is a dealer installed extra and only
>includes external aero pieces and badges.
>
>Mike
>Soon-to-be '99 E46 323i owner (with sport package but no M aero kit thank
>you!)

What I wrote refers only to the E36 coupes, not the E46 sedans.  However,
having seen the factory M aero package (with the porthole foglights) for
the E46, IMO I think it looks pretty good; very subtle.  OTOH, the add-on
kit in the E46 accessories brochure is pretty garish.>>

snip

Herman is right. The 99 model year sport package for the E36 coupe and cabrio
now includes M aero  pieces.

- --
The past is over, learn from it.
The future is coming, prepare for it.