Re: Warranty Gold

In a message dated 12/3/98 7:45:54 PM !!!First Boot!!!, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: "David McIntyre" <dmcintyr@domain.elided>
 Subject: Warranty Gold question

 My 1995 M3 has 48,800 miles, and so it's time that I either buy an extended
 warranty or trust my luck.  I've had the car in a few times in the last
 few weeks fixing all the little things before I go out of warranty.

 I commute the car everyday into NYC from NJ, and so put on around 75
 miles of stop and go driving on the car everyday. >>///snip///

~~~ I cannot comment on Warranty Gold, however, I have many friends who are
very pleased with their "DFS" warranty. It must be purchased while vehicle
still has 1 mo/& 1k miles of original warranty. Many Mercedes & BMW dealers
sell DFS warranties. See if one of the Finance Managers at said dealerships
sell it, and see what kind of price they can get you, then compare.

Personally, with $60-$80 per hour labor rates, outrageous parts prices, and
propensity for things to have "bad luck", I ALWAYS suggest a extended
warranty- period. Otherwise, keep a fat checkbook handy for the next 3-4
years. :-)

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMW CCA member