RE: .org for only non profit ...

> This just proves that Jim C. doesnt always have all the right answers.
> the .org was originaly for non profit , but now is not regulated.
> Just came from the source.
>
> "Consequently, in the case of .COM, .NET and .ORG, a decision
> was made to rely on registrants to choose the TLD. So NSI
> does not presently screen applications for organization type
> in the .COM, .NET or .ORG TLDs. They are still screened by
> NSI in the .EDU category and by the General Services
> Administration in the .GOV category. "

 The above quoted source says that NSI does not SCREEN applications.
I have not read anything that said the regulations are *repealed*.

 If someone gets strangled in their sleep, just because no police
are around to regulate does not make it right.  Justified, maybe,
but still not within regulations.

 RFC 1591 says:
 "World Wide Generic Domains:
    COM - This domain is intended for commercial entities, that is
          companies."

 You can read all about it at: http://whatis.com/org.htm if you like.

 Sounds like the fan company fits under that listing, unless of course
they're giving them away at cost or something.

  - Thi v.