E36 M3 -Low r.w. Dyno HP #'s ??

    I've seen lots of talk lately about the rear wheel dyno HP #'s for stock
and modified E36 M3's ,but all the numbers *seem* to be quite low.
 Although there is no exact conversion for rear wheel to flywheel HP the
general consensus (on a Dynojet) is about an 11-14% drivetrain loss.
 The best r.w. HP I can remember seeing for an E36 M3 with chip,intake and
exhaust was about 215r.w. HP or a maximum of 245 flywheel HP.  I think the
stock M3's were doing about 200-205 r.w. which would be about 233 flywheel.

So............whats the deal?   Are these cars over rated from the factory?
Is there more driveline loss than in a Porsche or 300ZX TT,etc...?

Just curious...

Thanks
Rob