Re: <E30> Amplifier wiring

Bob Hazelwood gave some very good info in response to Murf's questions.
And he helped me out when I had similar questions a few months ago.  I have
compiled my e30 stereo findings on the web at
http://www.infomatch.com/~cbaisley/bmw.htm
which includes some wire colour coding.

There seems to be conflicting advice out there as to whether or not to
trash the factory head unit.  I replaced the factory head and booster with
a high output head, and I like the results.  If you only replace the
booster amp, make sure you replace it with a new amp that likes the
speaker-level outputs from the head unit.

Chris Baisley
Vancouver, B.C.
1989 e30 325i Bronzite