RE:E28 Stereo replacement: Will it fit?

I installed the Blaupunkt Las Vegas in my 86 535i; it took 1/2 hour and was
simple. Crutchfield online catalog indicated it would not fit; but it fit
fine with no tweaking. BTW, the Vegas is a steal on Crutchfields site; I
got mine for $221 which included the adaptor wires that allow the unit to
use the stock speakers/ in-dash fader as well as a 4ch RCA adapter for an
amp. The local dealer wants $325+

Right now, I'm just using the Vegas (no external amp except the stock one)
and it sounds fine. I also like the remote control unit.

- -Dave Green