M3 vs 328is

My two cents worth:  With the new sport package on the 328is you get the
same air dam/spoilers as an M3.  As far as power, you won't even notice the
difference between the two cars until you punch it.  In my humble opinion
they both start out with the same grunt, but the 328 gives up before the M3
does.  You won't notice the differences at all until you floor it.
Personally I find it hard to justify spending 47 thousand dollars on
basically the same car as the 328is.  But then again, I am still shopping
for an NSX.  I have never driven one.  I am a young engineer, 25, and every
dealer is such a jerk that they won't let me test drive one.  The Acura
dealerships don't even have them anymore.  It makes me angry, to think that
they don't even want to try and sell a 90 thousand dollar car.  That is
something that I have to compliment BMW on, it is there great service and
support.  I am very much into the BMW M cars, but I feel that I should get a
different car for an additional 10 grand.  And for all of you that claim
there is a difference in sound, I just can't hear it.  I am sorry, I just
can't see the side of an M3 that makes it worth 10K more than a 328is.  On a
final note, I will never find an engine that I love more than the wonderful
4.4 litre V8 in my 96 740.  Bought it used, but I love every second of
driving it.  It feels powerful, and very small despite being the size of a
house.  That in my opinion would be what could make the M3 worth getting in
my opinion.  The sound is beautiful, throaty, yet anything but loud.  A
truly wonderful car.  Add to that some 18 inch rims, and some lower
springs/shocks, and you get a sports sedan to scare just about anyone.  If
you have a M3 and you get on someone's bumper they don't really get out of
your way, they are not scared of a 3.  On the other hand, a 7 in their
rearview mirror and they can't move fast enough.  They think that you are
going to run them down.  That is the BMW experience that makes it the
Ultimate Driving Machine.

Brent

95' 325i
95' 740i

PS - 328is sport package looks just like an M3.  So if you are after looks,
look no further.