RE: <E28> PS Filter and Odometer

I asked awhile back about a squeel from my power steering system.  I got
several responses saying I may need to change the filter in the reservoir.
Well, it turns out the 528e had a one piece unit and the entire reservoir
needs to be changed!  Thanks to everyone that responded.  As long as I learned
something it wasn't a wasted effort!

New problem though.  The odometer on the car stopped a couple of weeks ago.  I
had the instrument cluster partially out prior to that, but it was working
after I put it back in.  Is this common?  Anything special I should look for?

Thanks

Bill Klingbeil
BMWCCA 160195