HD VS Sport Shocks

Hi

I was reading through the threads about this topic and there was allot said,
but I did not see one important point.

If you are going to use the sport (shorter) shocks, you really need to mate
these with shorter springs. Failure to do this will give you problems with
shock travel(like in up and down) and handling.

My experience has been (on E30 cars) that Bilstein HDs are fine with the
stock springs (ride height stayed the same). When I started to do more track
work I moved to Bilstein sports with Eibach competition (shorter springs).
This combo lowered the car about 1.5".  I think most tuners out there will
agree with this logic.

The best thing to do when you want to make successful suspension mods is to
talk to the Pro's. People like Schneller BMW (Newbury Ma) and Turner
MotorSport (Amesbury Ma.) These guys know what combos work and they have
done it over and over.

Just my 2 cents.

Still looking for Motronic ECU in this number range 0261200-153, 173, 351,
380, 525, 526. I would prefer the 173 box.

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter

1988 325IS, (to much to list), should have stayed the street car.

1987 325IS, project, should have been the track car