Re: ABS on BMWs

FWIW, it should be pointed out that the 745i was never officially imported
to the U.S., although some came over as private gray market imports.
The 5/6/7 series cars imported officially by BMW NA prior to 1985 did not
come standard with ABS, and  AFAIK, it was also not available as an
option.  For non-U.S. cars, the availability of ABS is a completely different
issue.  I'm actually not sure of the location of the person with the original
question, and for that matter, I don't know where Jan is located, either.
Hell, sometimes I don't even know where I'm coming from!

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977