Nikasil M60 Saga Cont'

A few listers were interested in my discussions with Allison BMW and the
Nikasil test.  Last time I went in, the service advisor said he was unaware
of the problem and the service manager wanted me to spend approx. $200.00
on idle and oil consumption testing.

Today I went in armed with information from fellow listers, and Brett's and
the 530i web sites.  I spoke with a different service advisor. When I asked
him about the problem and the warranty, his expression went vacant.  I
explained how the test process should work and the comments about the
managers proposed testing made by members of this list.  Again a blank
"you-shouldn't-know-that" look.  He then began to do some serious back
pedalling and his memory soon took hold.

"I don't know why you were told that..... Your car is still under original
warranty and the testing should be free... oh and you are a member of
BMWCCA.... you know you will get a new short block if the testing fails....
the block replacement takes five days... not an easy thing to do....  we
want to keep you happy....  kissey kissey yadda yadda yadda"
pa-leeease shut up, so much for that faulty memory, I couldn't turn the guy
off.

I have an appointment on the 16th of Dec I will cancel.  I don't feel I can
trust the service manager at Allison or the people he has under his thumb.
Some of the advisors are nice guys, but the fear they have of the manager
seems to distort their ethics.

I purchased a used 540iA and am planning to purchase a new one in the not
to distant future; not from them.

Has any one on the list had any experience with Stevens Creek BMW or Peter
Pan (not the guy in green tights)?  I would like to find another place to
take my baby.

Thanks,

John Fagerlund (another John F.)

'95 540iA BMWeee (hopefully not BMWhoa)