1-2 year old 740iL Vs 750 iL.

A friend of mine is planning to buy a 1-2 year old used BMW 7 series and =
is considering the 740iL and the 750iL as possible purchases.

Since I own and know about only the 3 series, I wondered if anyone could =
help with information on the 7's with reference to:

1. Types of engines.  Reliability and performance.  Reliability is =
important since the car is going to be about 100 miles from the nearest =
dealership.  Is the 740iL powerful enough.  The choice is basically =
between the two cars.

2. Driving feel.  The car is to be driven in Ohio all year round if =
possible.

3. What should they pay for it?  Any accessories that are particularly =
useful?

4. Any other peculiarities of the car.

Perhaps someone with the knowledge that Mr. Knute Ream has of the 5 series =
can help out.  Thanks.

Neil Deshpande
88 325 is
89 325 iC