Re: Rust Problem

After having to deal with this problem a lot on several hot rods that I
have build, I can tell you that there is no magic compound for curing
the rust problem.  Converters and the like that I have used seem to work
briefly before the deeper rust that they didn't penetrate comes
through.  The way to stop it is simple - go beyond it to fresh metal.
If it is just surface rust, you need to grind all the rust away and then
prime the area with a sealing primer.  If it is all the way through, the
only way to keep it from coming back is cut out the patch of metal and
replace it with a new patch panel.  It isn't easy but if you do it
right, you won't see it again, ever.

James Clay