<E28> Stereo Fitting

I am planning to replace the stereo in my 1983 533i. I was told by the
salesperson that the Blaupunkt unit I was interested in is too deep by about
2/10ths of an inch. If anyone who has been through this could elaborate on
what exactly is causing the restriction, and what you did during your
replacement if this was a problem, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
- --
- -AEG

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.