Spotted a Dakar Yellow 740i in Miami this week!

Hi folks...I was blown away three days ago while on vacation and travelling
on the Florida turnpike in Miami I spotted a dakar yellow 95-98(?) 740i!!!
Too cool a color for that car.  Are you a lurker on the digest per chance?
 It was a momentary thrill to see someone who had a conservative car like
that yet having fun with the color (from the factory?).  BTW, I saw a
technoviolet(!) M5 with cream/yellowish beige interior that was custom
ordered by the factory that way (a 1992) at Excluservice a few months back.
 Apparantly, you can special order pretty much any color combination you
want...but how did someone get that purple color in 1992 if they didn't
even appear on the M3's till 1995???  Anyone know the answer to this
mystery?
Steve Robinson
1995 740i (Boring) Aspen Silver/Grey
1988 911 (Not boring!) Venetian Blue/Blue