<E36> Power windows Problem ..... Bubbha's

>> I have not been "enlightened" about the "Bubba Exodus"....I must have

The Buddha's ..oops..Bubbha's are down south Burmuda? "enlightening" those body
parts where the sun don't normally shine?

BMW CONTENT:

>A net-impaired friend has a 1992 325is and the power windows will not
>close all the way when the doors are closed.?. If he holds down the or
>constantly taps the windows switch it will incremently go up. Needless to
>say the toll free is not working either.  Someone mention that there may
>a problem with the "confort relay"?.

to save me some time,  here are some messages that I saved on this topic

- ---------------------------------
yes I think can help you!

there is a small magnet inside the motor which has come loose.
Its part of a hall-effect sensor system to tell the controller
to remove power from the motor once the window mechanism reaches
the end of its travel, or when something jams the window..like
fingers!

with the magnet missing, the hall sensor always tells the controller
that the motor has stopped turning, hence it only spins for a short
time before shutting itself off.

you need to take the motor apart, find the magnet and glue
it back onto the shaft.

viele glueck!

- -Frank Schulz '92 318is

- ------
Frank,

        Thanks for all your help with my electric windows...

        It was a sensor as you suggested. There's a magnet on the shaft of
the window motor ( looks like a thick washer all the way around the
shaft ). The magnet comes loose and slides all the way down the shaft
( away from the sensor ) and falls into the motor casing so you can't
see it unless you take off the motor casing.

        I just had to push it back up the shaft and glue into place. Simple.

        Thanks Again,

        Darren.
- ------

 good luck with the windows,