Re: bmw-digest V9 #592 AMS Oil

Friend,
    AMSOil is the best, it is more expensive than the rest. They have a 3 million
dollar guarantee if your engine fails during normal usage they will pay the cost of
repairs/damages up to 3 million $ if the product was used in accordance with their
requirements. This means a break in period of 10k miles and a compression check
verifying good rings.
    I have used it since 1978 in all of my vehicles and farm equipment. I am not a
salesman for AMSOil now though I did sell from 1978 to 1985. How good is it? Well on
my 1979 Mitsubishi Challenger after adding the rpms went up 50. So I immediately
saved gas at idle. On the highway I would cruise at 70 mph and averaged between 45 -
50 mpg (also using aircraft plugs).
    I gave my dealership to a farmer in 1985 when I moved to Alaska. I had a hard
time getting him to use the product because he wasn't interested in  "snake oil" but
in the fall of 79 during harvest his gear case on his combine failed, it was so hot
that the paint blistered off. It was too late in the season to rent another because
they were all rented out.
    I stopped by that day and offered to help and he told me in he didn't want that
Gd snake oil!. Here is where I put my rep on the line. I said if he would let me put
the AMSOil into the gear case and if it didn't work I would accept the loss. (at
$20.00 a gallon that would be a huge loss) If it did work he would pay for the oil.
Deal!  he said.
    We flushed the gear case with kerosene and so much metal came out I was sure that
there wasn't enough left to do the job, he just smiled. We filled up the gear case
and started the combine.  The gear case got hot but you could still put your hands on
it. He finished the season and made full profit on the crops. He stood to lose a
great deal if the harvest wasn't done I am not talking just cash either.
    He was a permanent customer after that and without trying through word of mouth
was my best salesman. Enough to bankroll a move and a business in Alaska. He is still
a dealer in Arkansas today. Me I'm retired and I play with my "toys" now. AMSOil and
my business got me where I wanted to be. I still use AMSOil in everything and have
never had a vehicle leave me stranded anywhere. My Business? Auto repair.

Good Day,
Thomas:-)

1984 733i burgondrot met