All BMW's don't do Wheelies?

>wow! those 540's must be even better than I thought.. a wheelie!
>awesome

Actually Maybe a little detail is in order here. The one month period in
question was about 1989 and 3 of the "Warnings" occured on my Suzuki
1983 GS 1100E (Yoshi Cams, Smoothbores, BIG gear in front, Clip on's
Etc.) The other two "Incidents occured in my 1980 Toyota Mini Truck (350
V-8, T Hydro 400, 8 3/4 Rear end)
 But my point was that my apperance was  of a normal person, my demeaner
was cordial (and I had a WHOLE bunch of luck)
FWIW I also had "No license in possesion" (Lost), Expired registration
(on the bike) and a warrant for a "Failure to appear" (procrastination)
They never did a "Wants & Warrants" on any of the stops and ONE of them
was cause the police heliocopter saw my buddy and I cruising down the
street and said we looked like we were racing! After about 3 Units
blocked us in, I thought I was a goner but after protesting our
innocence for about 5 minutes (We Were!) they let us go (the pilot must
have admitted he wasn't sure) He obviously had a lot of integrity as
most people would swear by their first impressions.

Oh yeah, FWIW the officers names were Ofcs. Nutt and Ketchum (get it?
Catch Em?) About two years later the same copter collided with another
as they handed off a chase between cities and Ketchum and his partner at
the time were both killed. Not even safe in the air.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Chris Barton
1995 540 6 speed

End of bmw-digest V9 #591