Mounting used tires

On my previous car (Supercharged 89 Mustang Convertible) I went through
many sets of used tires. I ran 17x8.5 Borbets and I ran 255's in front
and 275's in back, well, a couple of years my tire of choice (Goodyear
GSC's) were pretty pricey but there was always 275's used for sale off
of Vette's. I've NEVER had anyone not want to mount them for me. The
best deal I found was $10.00 a wheel mount and balence. I used to go
through back tires at the rate of about 2 or 3 sets a year (MASSIVE
traction problem at 17 psi) and would NEVER have been able to justify
the cost's of new.

Chris Barton
1995 540 6 speed