<E36> Side Skirts

Someone wrote:

Hi all,I have a 93 325is with a ding just in front of the rearwheel on
the pass.
side.  I would love to add lower body cladding or otherwise cover this
up
(as opposed tobondo-ing it).  Does anyone have any experience with the
kits sold in Bav.Motorsports?  Do any of them come with the color molded
into the part?

Sounds like you are referring to the M-Technic side skirts that come
on later E36's.  They are sold as a kit, somewhere in the $300+ range,
if I recall. (Thats with a 25% discount off of true
retail..flbearcub@domain.elided can help you).  The M-Technic's are true BMW
parts, and come in two slightly different styles.  (There are actually
two different styled skirts, one being ever so slightly more
aggressively styled, with a sort ot "ridge" running at an angle along
the front portion. Hard to describe, but if you compare an E36 M3's
skirts with say a 328's skirts, you will notice the slight difference)
They come primed and ready to paint.  Installation is fairly easy, if
you take your time.  BUT, its highly suggested that the body work be
repaired before installation, to ensure proper fitment.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD