Re: Lower body painting?

>I've only seen these trim panels painted on two cars, and it looks crappy!!
>BMW sells the plastic cover-up panels for a reason: it'll actually come out
>like a later bodied car!!
>Of course, they;re super-expensive... probably why I haven't got them :(

>Matt
>92 325is Sharked

Matt, you probably haven't seen my car then. Perhaps painting these trim
pieces SEPARATELY is what makes them not look good. I had my entire '92 E35
325i 4dr repainted earlier this year and had them paint the lower
bumper/rocker panels as well. Looks great! My car is cashmere beige metallic
so YMMV. If you're not repainting the entire car then I agree, buying the
add on trim pieces might make sense....   I also invested in the BMW
front/rear mudflaps and have found them to be helpful in keeping the car a
little cleaner. :-)

Regards,

John

1990 750iL