re:E28 M5 Motronic HELP !

Have to apologize up front for lack of ERAM, parking or blew light
content.....

While installing my JC chip I noticed a burnt resistor on the main board
in the Motronic box. I believe it to be # R826, a fairly large, brown one.
The heat damage extends about 3/8 of an inch around the resistor, and has
eliminated the color coding. I need to find out what the rating is in that
puppy. Landshark, welcome to jump in here if you have the schematic, or
any advice.....I would love to know if replacing the resistor is worth the
effort. I have a heat control gun and don't have a problem attacking the
board. I didn't want to put the meter on it though.

E28 M5 owners, if anyone is going to have their Motronic box open for any
reason make note of the color banding on the brown resistor marked R826 on
the board, the resistor is next to T820 (a small power ic) and just below
and to the left of the serial # masked on the board.

Another question for the shark. Is this motronic box common to any other
cars, It should be the same as an M6 of course, but how about a 535 ? A
cheap spare would be nice to have....

Thanks

Chris Brandt