<e36> Painting body lowers on '94 e36

     Hey all,

     I want to paint the lower body trim on my '94 325 to match the
     body, rather than contrast it (black car, lowers are currently
     factory gray).  My question is about the bumpy anti-chip paint
     currently on the lowers. How does this need to be prepped - Does
     this need to be removed first?  Or can  it be sanded flat?  Any
     info would be appreciated.

     Also, any of you have recommendations of a shop to do the work in
     the northwest metro Detroit area?

     Thanks,

     Mike Schaublin
     94 325i - gray lowers itching to be black