Re: Parking your BMW

It's pretty much a fact if life and the way it is "in the big city".  No
matter how well you park your car, some idiot will always ding it.  I park
in a underground parking lot every day and I make a point of always parking
beside a column or post and trying to park way inside of it.  That means
steering the car so you are actually blocked in by the column, that way I
leave plenty of space on the other parking spot side for someone to open
doors and not touch my car and for the other side the column makes enough
space and serves as a barrier so close parking is not possible, (unless the
other person parks the same way).  I would never take two parking spot
though, that I think is really asking for someone to do more damage and
maybe key the car in anger.
I guess if you are really paranoid, you could carry around a autocross
pylon, or police line tape, or construction gates, etc and use it to block
parking spaces beside you!

Glen Chow
BMWCCC, BMWCA