WOT or not?

I've heard tell from other Digesters that with a JimC chip, WOT is
like hitting turbo boost.  When I go from part (3/4) throttle to WOT,
there isn't a discernable difference.

Don't get me wrong, I love the chip, I just haven't seen any increase
in WOT performance over part-throttle operation.  I did adjust the
throttle position sensor about three months ago -- it wasn't closing
under WOT conditions.  However, it does now...

Anyone care to help me understand what's going on?

   KC Boyce
   '85 325e
   E30 Eta Page: http://rikki.cc.colorado.edu/~k_boyce/