<WOB> Anybody on this list own a MBZ 500E? <E32> wheel and switch questions

Rob,

While I never owned a 500E, I have driven one a couple times. What a car!!
That 5L V8 really moves in the car despite being an automatic. The fender
flares really look great too. I personally owned a Mercedes 400E from 1992
(bought it new) until 1995 when some guy in a Chevy Cargo van hit it on the
passenger side B pillar at about 20mph. :-( The car was totalled and only
had about 30k on it. The car did an extremely wonderful job protecting the
passengers. I was in the front passenger seat at the time and although I
could feel my door pushed up against my seat fairly hard nobody was hurt.
The car on the other hand, sustained enough damage it was deemed
not-repairable by the insurance company. (ours, the other guy had no
insurance even though it was his fault - although he lost his license for it
and was a truck driver for a living....bummer) I still have to say I miss
that car and all the power it had. The 500E was an extremely rare car, only
a few were made and they cost about $85k new if I remember correctly. A lot
of them are already falling into the hands of collectors. I've seen a few
'92-'93 models for sale and they seem to command at least $40k (varying
depending on mileage and condition obviously)

A question on the wheels of the 750 (basketweave design). I want to replace
the wheel roundels. Is there any recommended way to get them off? I'm sure
it would be easier to remove the caps from the wheel.... let me know as they
are starting to bother me. :-) Also the other day my ASC switch light burnt
out. Had to go to the dealer and buy a new $45 switch. Is there someplace
that recycles these old switches? Seems like a shame to toss it when all
that's wrong is a 5 cent bulb inside it burnt out! Shame on BMW for not
making these things socketed..... such a money maker, right? ;-)

Regards,

John

1990 750iL
1992 325iA