Re: <ALL> cleaning rags

Jack Money asked:

>was wondering how all you DIY'ers clean shop rags which get full of oil,
>gas, other fluids, etc...

Personally, I throw 'em in the washer, warm cycle. But first I soak the
truly disgusting areas with Lestoil, throw a bit more in the wash along
with the regular detergent.  Then a second washing in regular detergent,
mainly to reduce the Lestoil smell.  You probably wouldn't be able to sell
them as new after this treatment, but it works pretty well for me.  Been
using the same washer for years, no apparent ill effects.

YMMV

Steve Goldstein
Boston Chapter