ERK <WOB>

Andrew,
Now keep in mind that I might actually be wrong here (no, really!), and
anyone is welcome to correct me, but.....
It could be because the ERK doesn't actually raise it one inch when all
is said and done. When you replace the shifter with a shorter rod, it
becomes one inch lower. The ERK raises it back up one inch. It refers to
the knob height.
I questioned the validity of it at first, but after the photos and
diagrams were put on the web site, it made perfect sense to me. (please
refer to opening sentence)
I believe that the copy mentions "...returns the shifter to it's stock
height...", or something along those lines.
Besides, just because you wouldn't "appreciate" it, does that mean that
no one will? Or should?
I may never use the ERK, but it would only be because I kinda like the
rough, notchy feel it has now, although it is less than it was pre-swap
(the ole lady might have other ideas about that, tho).
Now, if only they made a smaller Rob Knob.....say, about 1 1/2" dia, or
so.....they could call it the Rob Knoblet....

>As an added bonus, the lever I used is about 1/2" shorter than the original lever which looks and
>feels better.  Why has no-one ever addressed the impact of the BL/SS ERK,  which raises shift lever >height by about an inch?  I guarantee that the 1"  will be immediately noticed, and not appreciated.  >The words "sticks out  like a sore thumb" comes to mind.

......standard disclaimers apply, of course.......

- --
Do Svedanya!
Neil & Kim Hitze
'91 318is --d/SS (E36 M3 shifter), Sharked, etc.
'85 318i --future recipient of the UUC Console Repair Kit, and d/SS (E30
318is shifter [which came out intact, circlip, nylon cup and all, with
just a screwdriver])
icq #19044425
Valleyview State Home
     for the
 Incurably Artistic

"Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
 Angels can be seen in heavens keep
 Alone in fear they question why
 Goddamn not an angel when I die" --RAMMS+EIN