re:rip off at Shelly BMW

Hi all,

In 1992, I graduated from college with a business degree and bought a
brand new Nissan Sentra SE-R.  The scum "Finance Manager" pulled the
same trick on me.  Slime charged me $1200 for an alarm as well as
very high interest rate (I think it was 11.5%).  As a fresh kid right
out of school, I went back and argued only to have him lowered the
interest rate.  Still angry, I filed a law suit with the NY State
consumer protection agency and a complaint with the Better Business
Bureau.  Luckily, there were so many complaints against the
dealership (Amityville Nissan in Massapequa, NY), the state attorney
office filed a class action against the dealership.  After some
paperworks and a letter explaining what had happened, I received a
phone call from the dealership attorney with an offer to settle.  We
negotiated an amount close to the over-charge and I signed the
release and dropped my case.  In the mean time, I found a local bank
with GREAT low interest rate and refinaced.  I have learned not to
trust any sales person.  Always bring a friend that knows basic
finance and read every sentence before signing.  In addition, if you
find any attemp to scam you, make a scene especially on weekends when
there are lots of customers.  You may walk away with some free stuff.
 :)  Let the game begin!  Don't give up and fight.

Sammy
No more new cars until 2002, '02  :)
'72tii
'90 Audi Coupe Quattro